Heat Away Thermogaze Gauze
Gunold Thermogaze™ Heat-Away™, is a heat-sensitive, viscose, gauze stabilizer that can be used to make free-standing embroidery lace. After the embroidery is complete it completely disintegrates with a household iron. The result is beautiful lace without any leftover residue. Heat Away™ is similar to Solvy®, but it is used with fabrics such as corduroy or velvet that cannot get wet.
Embroidery digitizing must be adjusted slightly when using Heat-Away™. The stitch count must be a slightly higher than for other applications. This adjustment ensures the stitches are anchored to hold the embroidery after the base material is removed.
How to remove Gunold Heat-Away:
- After embroidery, Heat-Away can be removed after exposure to a temperature of 120°C to 180°C (248°F to 356°F).
- With normal humidity and 180°C (356°F), the contact time is approx. 15 seconds. (will turn light brown)
- In higher humidity increase contact time.
- Do not use steam.
- Brush or rub off remnants
How to stock Heat-Away:
- Heat-Away must be protected against moisture, heat and sunlight.
- Prior to use, store Heat-Away in a closed plastic bag. If Heat-Away is not immediately removed after the heat treatment, store the embroideries in a closed plastic bag.
- Heat-Away will not be destroyed if incorrectly stored, but it will then be more difficult to remove.
- Heat Away™ can be purchased in 10" x 110 yard rolls or 30" x 110 yard rolls of 100% viscose.