How To Clean Up 3D Puffy Foam
Increase your profits and perceived value by simply adding Puffy Foam™.
1. When starting the sewing process, always match the Puffy Foam™ as close as possible to the color of the embroidery thread. This helps hide the Puffy Foam™ by blending the colors of thread and foam.
2. Remove the backing from the inside of the garment (hat, shirt, jacket, etc.).
3. Remove the Puffy Foam™ from the front of the garment by gently pulling the foam that has been perforated by the needle during the sewing process. Tweezers work great to remove those smaller pieces of foam (inside and around letters, etc.).
4. Tucking in the Puffy Foam™ - use tweezers to tuck in the smaller pieces of foam that stick out of the embroidery thread.
Tip: Never try to pull the small pieces of foam, tuck them inside.
Tip: Close the tweezers so you have a solid point to use during the tucking process.
5. Heat Gun - used to melt the fine pieces of foam that stick out of the design. Also known as the “Fuzzies”.
Tip: Use caution when using industrial heat guns to avoid burns, fire, and melted products and or garments.
Tip: Use a high setting, hold about 10-12 inches from the garment.
Tip: Keep your hand on the inside of the garment to assure the heat is not too hot!
Watch these videos to learn how to clean up Puffy Foam™ and when and where to use Puffy Foam™.
Follow us on Facebook to keep up with our latest sales and events.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to learn embroidery tips and tricks from our educational videos.