Left Chest Design Placement
Find the correct placement for your left chest design on all types of shirts - every time!
1. The Handy Embroidery Helper
Take the guesswork out of where to place your left chest designs! Directions printed on the helper with pictures for easy placement.(Available in different sizes.)
2. Triangulate For Correct Position
Use the following formula:
- Horizontal position: Find the center of the sleeve from shoulder to armpit.
- Vertical position: End of neckline (where the neck line joins the shoulder.)
- Triangulate these two points (where they meet) this is your center point for your design.
3. On A 2 Button Placket Shirt
Always position the design horizontally even with the bottom stitch line of the placket. Vertically, straight down from the end of the neckline.
4. On A 3 Button Placket Shirt
Always position the design horizontally even with the 3rd button. Vertically, straight down from the end of the neckline.
When in doubt, always err on the side of too high rather than too low on shirt. Likewise, always err on the side of being too close to the center rather than too close to the armpit.
Watch this helpful video to learn how to do left chest design placements correctly on your apparel.
Follow us on Facebook to keep up with our latest sales and events.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to learn embroidery tips and tricks from our educational videos.