How To Use Applique Designs In Your Commercial Embroidery Business
Because appliqué designs look more realistic, saves time, is fun and adds dimension. There are different types of appliqué - fused, raw edge, reverse, smooth and decorative stitch. There are four basic steps of traditional appliqué - create an outline, cut it out, iron it and secure it! And you are done!
Top 10 Places or Reasons To Use Appliqué?
1. Appliqué can saves stitches which in turn saves time
2. You can incorporate different patterns with your design by the fabric choices that you select
3. Change up the look with different decorative stitches
4. Using appliqué adds texture and interest to your design
5. Can be done in multiple layers for different effects
6. Great for garments, try appliqué on a hat, shirt, sweatshirts or a tote bag
7. Perfect for home decor items such as pillows, table runners, and blankets
8. Appliqué with ribbon instead of fabric for a vintage look
9. Don’t be shy select from a variety of fabrics - cotton, felt, corduroy, or twill to mix it up
Here are some appliqué products to help you on your way.